Are you looking for a place to live in (the surroundings of) Amsterdam of Utrecht?
Are you looking for rental properties in Amsterdam or Utrecht? Home to rent is the real estate agent that can help you. We have over 15 years of experience mediating on the housing market to find suitable properties for tenants like you.
- Register online for free
- Browse Home to Rent’s listings
- Make an appointment for a viewing
- View the property with a representative from Home to rent
- Sign the lease contract
- Inspection and key transfer
- Extra services
1.Register online for free
Here you can register to receive updates on our current listings. Registration is free of costs.
You can also place a search query with us. Home to rent will find a suitable property for you. When you have placed a search query with us, you pay Home to rent a (non-recurring) commission fee if the property we find for you is listed with another broker.
2.Browse Home to rent’s listings
You will always find the most up-to-date listings on our website. Other brokers don’t always show up-to-date listings. The description of each property clearly states if the property is furnished or semi-furnished, the size of the property (in square meters) and the monthly rent. Should you have questions about a property, of course you can always contact Home to Rent.
3.Make an appointment for a viewing
When you have found a suitable property that you would like to see, you can call one of our branches for an appointment, or book an appointment directly online by clicking the ‘make an appointment’ button. Viewings generally take place during Home to rent’s office hours. Our office hours are Mon.-Fri. from 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. (closed on bank holidays).
4.View the property with a representative from Home to rent
A representative from Home to rent will be present at the viewing. You will view the property privately: there will be no other potential tenants viewing the property at the same time. When you have placed a search query with us, we will try to plan multiple viewings on the same day.
5.Sign the lease contract
After the viewing, we will try to give you enough time to make the right decision. Like you, we prefer the right decision rather than a fast decision. When you decide that you would like to rent the property, please let us know as soon as possible in the way that was agreed during the viewing. Home to rent will then contact the landlord/broker to introduce you as the potential tenant, using your signed declaration of intent. Upon the landlord’s agreement, Home to rent will prepare the lease contract and ensure that it is signed by both parties.
- Declaration of intent
- Copy of a valid passport/ID card
- Copy of a recent salary statement (not older than 2 months)
- Valid employment agreement/employer’s statement with employer’s contact details
- Housing permit (filled out by previous landlord)
- Bank guarantee, should the tenant not meet the income requirements
- Declaration of intent
- Copy of a valid passport/ID card of the tenant
- Extract of the registration at the Kamer van Koophandel (Dutch Chamber of Commerce) (not older than 3 months)
- Copy of a valid passport/ID card of the business owner (as in the register of the Kamer van Koophandel)
- Bank guarantee or rental guarantee
* Are there circumstances that make it impossible for you to provide the documents above? Don’t worry, in many cases, we can still be of help. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
Upon signing the lease, you pay Home to rent the first month’s rent and the deposit . The landlord will return your deposit at the end of the lease period. Home to rent cannot be held liable for the return of the deposit.
Should you have more detailed questions about the lease contract, please don’t hesitate to contact Home to Rent.
6.Inspection and key transfer
When both parties have signed the lease contract, an appointment will be made for the inspection and key transfer to take place at the property. During the key transfer, Home to rent will inspect the property using an inventory list, and write an inspection report. In addition, Home to rent will take pictures of the property during the inspection. Within two weeks after completion of the key transfer and property inspection, both the landlord and the tenant will receive an email with the signed documents and the pictures.
Home to rent offers extra services such as: help putting all utilities in your name, advice on interior decorating, cleaning services and moving service.
For more information, please contact one of our branches or fill in below contact form and we will contact you.